Sunday, December 30, 2012

2NE1 - I AM THE BEST (내가 제일 잘 나가)


This is the song that kick-started my in active exploration of other groups. Before this song I had taken some hesitant looks at other groups but quickly returned back to the safety of the things I was already familiar with. This group however managed to slowly chisel down that wall.

My first impression of 2NE1 was made several years ago actually when I first started listening to Asian pop music. And I must say, it was a bad first impression. Not even because there was anything wrong with them, it was just not a good experience. I was in a rather negative mood when I stumbled upon them and it was in the form of an dub that didn't impress me in the least. To add on that I was still new to the whole Asian pop scene and they basically shocked me. They were very different from what I was used to or even the sweetness of the Japanese groups I was getting acquainted with. I was still getting used to the idea that there were girls willing to sing a song while dancing around in monkey suits.

Because of this experience that wasn't really that bad now I look back on it I had a negative bias towards this group for this group. It took about two years and an amazing remix for me to finally realize the great extent of 2NE1's awesome. At first I was still negatively biased when I decided to listen to the song but CL's voice continued echoing in my head wherever I went I finally caved and gave them another listen. This was soon followed by many of their other songs that might pass by on this blog some day in the future.

Now that you have all been filled in with my tragic past, here are a few moments of the video that caught my eye.


We start off with a rather intimidating looking woman, I don't want to cross her path...


Nope, definitely not.


While the previous woman likes to use her feet, this lady appears to prefer another body part... But how do you use such a weapon?


But surely she won't need to use it with such a ferocious dog to protect her.


Dara: "But who is it that she needs protection from?"

Good question Dara, good question indeed.


Oh, I see...


When Minzy was told to protect the things that are closest to her heart, she took it a bit too literally.


Hello Mr. Kitty, aren't you the cutest thing in this video?


Those eyes~


Minzy tries to tell us how much she loves trains.


I tell you, THOSE EYES


Dara: "What about my eyes?"

Yes dear, those are lovely too.


Uhm... I don't think that's healthy!


Look at them being bad-ass! Those horny constructions! I must say that you overpower my dear Haruna.


You do realize that it's your own platinum disk you are about to destroy, yes?


Aaaah, so that's what those things are for!


Drumming extraordinaire~ 


Cuz there's nothing better than bonding while shooting like a lunatic!


All in all I can say I greatly enjoy this song and it's MV, it's crazy, it's fun and it haunts me in my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment